Monday, May 24, 2010

It's all over...

The 2009-2010 year at RIT is officially over and I am half way through my college career, which is a scary thought. The ending of this year however was one that was bittersweet; I couldn't wait to come home, sleep in my own bed, and relax but I also didn't want to leave as this year I was there from the very beginning because of working with Orientation and it was awesome. Plus I also didn't want to leave because some of my best friends were graduating and I didn't want to accept that fact. Maybe it is so hard to see them go because I've learned so much from them and I always wanted them to be there but I began to realize they always will be there, now just in a different way. I didn't cry like I thought I would but as reality sets in, I feel like I should and I have that weird knot in my throat. I know by no means that this is an end, it's only a beginning, especially for them as they begin taking their places in the "real world". It's definitely a weird feeling knowing they won't be there next year but I know I now have to be what they were/are for me to some new kids coming in to school. I know that we will continue to talk and keep in touch and that thought makes me happy...

As the quarter came to a close, I had my final screening of "Sky High", wrote 2 papers, and spent as much time with my friends as I possibly could and had an amazing time with them, some I will never forget. My 1-quarter came out well, and my critique also went well; with the only thing being said that I should push my expressions a little more and hold some areas where his actions seem to go too fast. But I also did get "that is the cutest turtle I have ever seen!!" which also made me happy...it was definitely a great learning experience and as I begin to think of ideas for my next film, I will take every bit of critique from this film and apply it.

So here it is my 1-quarter film, "Sky High":

Sky High from Baylee A. Richards on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment