Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Final Days...Crunch Time!

So the last week, rather the last few days have been like a blur trying to finish all my work and give all of it the attention it deserves. It's been crazy to say the least!! The past weekend, even though it was crazy, I got a lot accomplished and was officially done drawing as of Saturday as well as scanning every one of my drawings. It was a bittersweet feeling, knowing that this will probably be one of my last bigger hand-drawn productions. So Sunday, was all about compositing; I'm using Adobe After Effects to put everything together and I've got a nice little system going.

I can't even describe the feeling once you see more than one of your shots in a sequence, it's amazing to see your drawings move and have them officially become an animation. As of this moment in time, I have only one shot left to composite and then my sound work and all of this is due Thursday morning and it will be done. Right now it's up to about 1 min 52 secs but may become a bit shorter...but I'm really happy with that. I feel that I'm finally starting to understand timing a bit better as this is all starting to come together.

It's funny, I feel in many ways this 1-quarter has taught me a lot about myself and how much I am able to take on, but on the other hand I wish I had more time to develop it even further, like adding color. Because 10 weeks is definitely not enough time to make a film...but either way, I did my best and that's all I can ask for. I hope others will like it just as much as I do. :)

p.s.: I won't be putting anything more up until after it is finished and up on my vimeo account...

No comments:

Post a Comment